Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell - Splotchy video quality, no two way audio, disconnects

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BigDaddyDrummon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased the Arlo video doorbell. Just finished installing it. The directions were easy to follow which was a huge plus but that's where the good ends and the bad begins.......The two way audio is non-existent. The video quality is splotchy and pixilated. And then I'm attempting to communicate with person ringing the doorbell it disconnects before I even have a chance to hang up. My wiFi is strong so I don't understand what's wrong, did I just get a bad one? Anyone else with these problens?

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BigDaddyDrummon,

These are symptoms of poor connectivity or WiFi interference. What does the signal strength icon show for your doorbell within the Arlo app?

JamesC

BigDaddyDrummon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello James,

Thanks for replying.
I'm not sure where you can see that but there are three icons under the name of my arlo doorbell...
* on the left there is something that looks like three different length lines to the left of a ball. Sometimes this icon os black and sometimes its orange,
* the middle icon is your traditional looking internet access icon. small ball with a couple curved lines above it
* the third icon looks like a greyed out musical note with a line through it.

I have a huge Linksys router with 8 antennas on it. the only devices I have running on 2.4 are two cell phones and the arlo doorbell.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BigDaddyDrummon,

Take a look here for more information on WiFi signal strength: How do I interpret my Arlo camera's signal strength?

JamesC

ARLO_ROCKS
Star
Star

I was told the same thing, however, I went to speedtest.net and my wifi speeds were over 100 mps.   They blame it on everything but their faulty design/software.  

BigDaddyDrummon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three bars.  My speed test is also good.  I did change out my Modem with a DOCSIS 3.1 and that helped some.

My biggest issue now is the Night time vision doesn't work at all and two way communication is spotty at best.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BigDaddyDrummon,

What do you mean when you say "the Night Vision doesn't work at all"? Are you able to provide an example screenshot of what you're seeing?

Night Vision mode will not activate if the doorbell senses a sufficient nearby light source. Are there lights nearby?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation