Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
The_Ruski
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Video Doorbell will send me push notifications when it detects motion. When I try viewing the video from the notification, it never loads and tells me to view the activity from the app. When I launch the app and try to see what's happening, the doorbell never loads. Instead, it just keeps saying "connecting" but never connects. When I close the app and re-launch, it still says connecting. It stays that way for at least 10 minutes. This doesn't happen when I launch the app instead of seeing what's happening from the notification. Anyone else having these issues? I feel like it kinda defeats the purpose of the notifications. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It seems to be working ok for me with the Android app. WHat phone and OS version? Is the doorbell connected to your router or a base/hub?

The_Ruski
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat , I'm using my iPhone and it's updated to the latest iOS (13.4.1). The AVD is updated to the latest firmware as well. The doorbell is connected via router. Is yours connected differently? Could this be an Apple issue?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I had mine connected to my router for a while but it's now connected to a Smart Hub.

I'm not an iOS user - is that OS version pretty new? I suppose there could be some sort of incompatibility if so. I would use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they have seen this before.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation