Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell Mounting Position

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
wuzzy1
Follower
Follower

I was thinking about getting an Arlo Video Doorbell.  However, the siding on my house won't easily allow vertical (up and down) mounting as shown in the video.  If you mount this thing horizontally, will the video be rotated 90 degrees, or is there a setting where you can adjust that.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wuzzy1,

There is no setting for the Arlo Video Doorbell to rotate the image. Mounting the doorbell horizontally will result in the live stream / recordings also being rotated 90 degrees.

JamesC

NTXCPT
Initiate
Initiate

Lacking the ability to mount the doorbell in a horizontal position with a software correction for orientation is a deal-breaker for me.   I also have a front entry limitation that prevents the standard vertical mountings without some kludgy backing to make it fit in a vertical position.

noise1010
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just received mine and am debating if I can somehow create my own mount for the same reason. I was searching for youtube for some ideas since I assumed this must not be an isolated problem. All I could find was that the Ring product comes with adjustable mounts for both horizontal and vertical planes. I contacted Arlo so see if perhaps they would suggest something I had not considered or perhaps now have a vertical 'wedge' but unfortunately, they do not. i'm going to see if I can easily craft a solution, but I'm a bit disappointed that I will likely have to return the doorbell.

Canningbottles
Initiate
Initiate
Hey Arlo I just bought this door bell and the 2 wireless set. I just installed it and found I’m not allowed to rotate my doorbell 90 degrees. I have siding. This is an easy software patch and at no cost you. Except if you do not update the software in the doorbell I will return the whole set to bestbuy. And you will not get my monthly subscription fee that you could’ve had. You are limiting your customer to use your product how they choose to. Do the right thing.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation