Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell Mechanical Chime (previously working) just stopped ringing

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
marcb512
Aspirant
Aspirant

A few weeks ago, I installed my Arlo Wired video doorbell with no issues and the mechanical chime rang whenever the doorbell button was pushed.  Then this week, all of a sudden, it no longer chimes.  Please help me come up with ways to diagnose and debug this issue.  

So far I have:

1. Restarted the device (still fails)
  2. Toggled the silent mode and traditional chime settings (still fails)
  3. Restarted the device again (still fails)
  4. Removed the device from my applications and re-installed it (still fails ring and chime test)
  5. Toggled the (O - X) switch on the power pack in the chime box (still fails)
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible that the chime has somehow failed?

If you disconnect the two wires from the doorbell, and touch them together, does the chime ring?

Teets42
Aspirant
Aspirant
This exact issue is occurring in our home with the wired doorbell. It was working perfectly and has now stopped. It is still synced to the phones and we get the call, but no chime in the home. Following for help!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried the previously suggested comment from @StephenB ? May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest any methods you have previously performed.

marcb512
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not 100% positive, but it seems the doorbell chime performance is related to the heat.  Every time I've been caught off guard by no chime, it has been a hot (over 99F) afternoon and the doorbell does sit in pretty full sun.

I've read that temperature can affect this

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation