Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
ArloUltra83
Apprentice
Apprentice

Activity Zones and Live Stream on Alexa not working.

After months waiting for Arlo to respond here is the update

Activity Zones -

Arlo working on it but no updates whatsoever what are they doing to resolve or when it will be resolved yet.

Live Stream on Alexa -

After many phone call to Arlo Support, no answer to fixing the problem and why mine did not work after adjusting to lower resolution.

Just found this out from Amazon, the live stream only works in US model as for AUS resident Arlo Video Doorbell AU model is currently not compatible with Alexa. The software for this device is not yet currently enable for Alexa use.

Amazon advices how to know if its compatible with Alexa or not it should mention on amazon product listing page

https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Weather-Res...(See full link) tech details its compatible with Alexa

https://www.amazon.com.au/Arlo-Technolo...(See full link) tech details does not mention Alexa so it is not compatible.

So for any Australians rapped about this features - bad news.

Arlo - wish you could have bee more up front to tell your customers about your product rather than making us goose chase.

So yeah these are the two outstanding issues for Video Doorbell that's is not really working.

Please update us your ETA when it will be reolved.

2 REPLIES 2
ArloUltra83
Apprentice
Apprentice

Greetings from Amazon Australia.

I have relayed your inquiry with our Alexa developers to notify them about the announcement made by Arlo regarding the Arlo Doorbell.

We apologized for the inconvenience it caused you.

Based on my researched, it shows that the feature in Alexa is not yet supported within Amazon Australia for the Arlo Doorbell model you have.

Since the Alexa devices were just recently launched within Amazon Australia. We are still currently working on the features be available within Amazon Australia.

Skills availability depends on our agreements with content owners or manufacturers. We're constantly working to improve our agreements so we can offer it or be supported within Amazon Australia.

Aside from this, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback and taking the time to let us know. Nothing to worry, I'll let our development team know about your experience so they can look into it further.

I’ve also forwarded your message to our Alexa business team and Developer for faster result and more improvements in features availability, skills and application development.

We are continually working to improve our processes and resources to provide better service to the campus community. I hope that you will surely give us a little more time to do the best for you.

Strong feedback from customers like you be certainly valuable for us.

It is always important for us to know the customers feedback to all aspects of customer experience as strong customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide.

On a personal level, I appreciate your patience, cooperation and understanding in this matter. It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer we want to make sure you are always taken care of.

If you need further assistance, here's how to reach Alexa Customer Support:

ArloUltra83
Apprentice
Apprentice

James C

Can you please update on plans when video doorbell in Australia will be made Alexa compatible?

At least give some indication of expectant delivery.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation