Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doobell

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jimsinair
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help! I had a Arlo Doorbell and Arlo Camera set up and it was a PITA because the battery always ran low. I was so excited when Arlo came out with the new Arlo Video Doorbell,  because it could use my houses old original mechanical doorbell with wired transformer for charging and also operating the houses original wired doorbell. I installed the AVD and the video/phone notification work as advertised.

My problem is the wired doorbell (2 wires) does not work. I checked the wiring and it has conductivity. I read that some people had trouble with the transformer. So I replaced the 16V transformer with a 16-24V one and it is still not working. I then purchased a wired/battery doorbell hoping this would fix the problem but it still does not work. I have called ARLO for technical support and it is obvious they are not a electrical technician or any kind of technician. I am very frustrated and running out of Can anyone help???  

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jimsinair,

I've reviewed your support ticket and it appears it was determined that an RMA is needed to resolve the issue. Please let us know the results after you receive your RMA.

JamesC

jimsinair
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well after what seemed like hours on the phone...it seems the item needs replaced and we agreed to an RMA. The only problem is the link that was sent does not work and says it was already done online. So I have no RMA number and I have no idea of if a product is being sent like we agreed to. 

jimsinair
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did receive the RMA Video Doorbell and I am happy to report this one does ring my mechanical doorbell.

Can you please explain why they did not include the ability to use Arlo Chime, since some of customers with Arlo Doorbell already have it?

Could you please explain why Arlo Video Doorbell is not assimilated with the Arlo Base Station like the Arlo Doorbell/ Camera was? I don't see why one should pay a monthly fee after the three month trial period. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jimsinair,

The development team is considering the feedback users have provided regarding the Arlo Chime/Base Station integration.

While a subscription to Arlo Smart is optional for your Arlo Video Doorbell, note that for recordings to be stored in the cloud and to enable Smart features, you must have a subscription.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation