Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Ekopelson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just installed arlo video doorbell. Arlo app including Notification calling to phone works. But traditional chime not working. Installed power pack on traditional mechanical chime box with power pack set to ‘o.’ Tried app setting with ‘mechanical’ and ‘digital’ and ‘bypass.’ Any suggestions for trouble shooting the traditional mechanical chime to function? Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ekopelson wrote:
Just installed arlo video doorbell. Arlo app including Notification calling to phone works. But traditional chime not working. Installed power pack on traditional mechanical chime box with power pack set to ‘o.’ .

Actually I have that problem too.  I found that if I simply disconnect the power pack that my traditional chime will ring (and the doorbell is functioning normally).  Note I have a 24 volt transformer - which might matter here.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kkobayashi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mines is doing the same thing. Everything but the doorbell works. I tried all the different settings with no success. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ekopelson wrote:
Just installed arlo video doorbell. Arlo app including Notification calling to phone works. But traditional chime not working. Installed power pack on traditional mechanical chime box with power pack set to ‘o.’ .

Actually I have that problem too.  I found that if I simply disconnect the power pack that my traditional chime will ring (and the doorbell is functioning normally).  Note I have a 24 volt transformer - which might matter here.

Ekopelson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Kkobashi and StephenB, thanks for the responses. StephenB’s suggestion to disconnect the power pack did the trick for me. All working seemingly well.
Thanks.
AnotherPerson
Initiate
Initiate

Just another confirmation that removal of the arlo box from my chime fixed the issue for me 🙂

Ekopelson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update: after a few days with the arlo power pack disconnected I received warning that arlo doorbell was low on battery.
I then replaced my old (40years?) mechanical chime box with a new mechanical chime box. I then connected arlo power pack to new chime box. Now all working well so far.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation