Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell SN AE122AKE009E1 AVD1001-100NAS Arlo Power Kit SN A2K22AKN022F4

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CoachUSA
Guide
Guide

I installed the Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell in accordance with the Arlo instructions via the Arlo App and the Arlo HUB recognized it.  The LED worked, the Video worked, the Audio worked, the Chime worked.  I even named it “WiredFrontDoorbell”.  And yes, I installed the Arlo Power Kit in the Chime as instructed.  After about fifteen minutes the Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell stopped working (no LED, no Video, No Audio but the Chime functions via pushing the button).

I was asked by the Arlo App if I wanted to remove this device since it was not working and I did.  When I tried to reinstall through the Arlo App the Arlo App would advise “looking for the Arlo Video Doorbell”.  After a few minutes the Arlo App advises “no doorbells were found”.  The transformer was working.  The chime was working.  There is power as the chime works when the button is pushed.  Everything was working fine for about fifteen minutes and then all of a sudden it just stopped working.

I tried again and again to get the Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell to install, to get the HUB to recognize it but nothing worked.  The LED never came back on.

I even turned all of the power off and back on. 

I even hit the reset on the Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell and yet nothing worked.

Is this Arlo Essential Wired Doorbell defective?  Is the Arlo Power Kit defective?

I contacted Arlo CS but they were not helpful at all.

I asked Arlo CS if this has ever happened to any Arlo Customers and was advised that they, Arlo CS are not aware of this happening.

I hope someone can help with all of this.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you use this procedure to reset the doorbell?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

CoachUSA
Guide
Guide

Yes I did follow the Arlo procedure for resetting.

And, when reinstalling all I keep getting is "no doorbells were found".

Arlo Customer Service has advised they are not aware of this problem ever happening.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you swap at the store? If not, follow up with support for an RMA.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation