Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Chime - "Luxurious 3" Chime Refuses to Play

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
matead28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I have an Arlo Doorbell Chime that refuses to play the Luxurious 3 chime. I suggest you contact your engineers and pass this message along to them because the code that was written is completely bugged.

Arlo SmartHub

• Firmware: 1.16.5.6_911_3913242
  • Hardware: VMB5000r4

Arlo Chime

• Firmware: 1.2.0.0_297_266
  • Hardware: 1.2

Do not tell me to reset my SmartHub and/or remove and reset the Chime as well as my Wireless Doorbell.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
RobertBell
Aspirant
Aspirant

If your existing chime doesn't ring when someone presses your Arlo Essential Video Doorbell, your doorbell or Power Kit might not be wired correctly, or the temperature of your doorbell might be too high.

matead28
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's not the problem at all. Also, the doorbell is the wireless model. Every other doorbell chime works except for the one stated above.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi matead28,

Thanks for letting us know. I've sent this over to the development team for them to investigate this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

matead28
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of Version 3.1 (2105) on the iPhone, Luxurious 3 seems to have been removed.

It seems they just removed the Luxurious 3 option as a quick way to pretend this bug never happened and so they probably don't get more complaints from public users. A software update should re-enable it again once they figure out why it broke. Would be interesting to know if the pre-recorded chimes are transmitted from the Arlo app and saved on the doorbell chime itself in flash ROM when you select it from the app, or if the doorbell chime hardware contains the audio files for the chimes already pre-recorded in flash ROM.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

As you have mentioned, Luxurious 3 has been removed as this is a duplicate with Luxurious 2. Use Luxurious 2 as the chime sound or feel free to use a different melody sound.

matead28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually you're incorrect. Luxurious 3 was different from Luxurious 1 and 2. That's why I selected and wanted Luxurious 3. It would play when you previewed it in the iPhone app, but it would not play on the doorbell chime itself.

I would not flag this topic as resolved because all your development team did was hide the problem and not actually fix it.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation