Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Chime?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

I am really looking forward to this product, it will replace my Ring pro!

Today i use the Ring Chime to the door bell, so i dont have a so called permanently mounted chime.

The video tells you can use your existing door chime and since i dont have it, I wonder if it could be used with the Arlo Chime instead?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Video Doorbell isn't yet available for purchase. There will be FAQs available that answer all of your questions very soon. Stay tuned for these to become available.

JamesC

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC ,  if read through your answers  in the other topics regarding the video doorbell, I interpret it would not be possible to use the arlo chime, have I understood it correctly?

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC  james, have you forgotten my question?

Will it be possible to use the existing arlo chime to this doorbell? if not, is there a plan to implement it to a future release?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Video Doorbell can be added to your existing Arlo account but operates as a standalone product as it does not require a base station or SmartHub, similar to other Arlo wired camera products like Arlo Q and Arlo Baby. Arlo Video Doorbell can cross-trigger actions on other Arlo devices within Arlo’s ecosystem when motion detection occurs. This allows the Arlo chime to play a melody on motion detected events, but doorbell presses will not activate the Arlo chime. I do not have any additional information to share at this time.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation