Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alexa continuously false alarms outside Activity zone.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
daytonSteve
Initiate
Initiate

I have my doorbell setup and have defined an activity zone that does NOT include the street in front of my house.  The ARLO app works fine and only alerts me when there is activity on the walkway.  However, I get constant alerts on my Alexa Echo Show every time a car or truck passes by.  When that happens I check my ARLO APP, and it did not record the event.

If you claim Alexa Integration as a feature, then you must have symmetry on the  key features such as "push alarms"  If not, its not worth even having the SMART subscription plan because I would have to dumb down my doorbell to the point its almost useless.    Please tell me I'm overlooking something in the device or APP setup.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

daytonSteve,

Activity Zones do no prevent the camera from waking up and recording, they simply filter activity that occurs outside the zone. The filtering takes place on the Arlo cloud after the trigger occurs, so Alexa will still announce these triggers.

JamesC

daytonSteve
Initiate
Initiate

I now understand why Alexa triggers outside of the activity zone - However I feel that it is MISLEADING to say that the Arlo doorbell integrates with Alexa without also indicating that it is a very basic integration.  It means that the value of the Arlo SUBSCRIPTION  is minimized since the Alexa "skill" just sees the RAW data and not the data we are paying to have filtered via the activity zones.

Don't you think that Arlo should enhance the Alexa Skill to make it fully functional?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation