Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

After 2 years wired doorbell camera will no longer connect to hub

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
abraxasbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

After two years, my Arlo video doorbell stopped connecting to the hub. The hub is working fine with the two other cameras I have. Long story short, I did a reset of the door bell. I then attempted to connect to the hub. The doorbell is alternating white-amber, and will not connect. Nothing has changed in my house: hub is in the same place as always, one of my cameras is even farther away than the doorbell.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Bob K.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

According to this:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062326/What-do-the-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell-Wired-me...

the temp could be low or the battery needs to charge. Have you tested the voltage at the doorbell? Perhaps there was a power outage or the transformer needs replacing.

abraxasbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Yes, transformer is OK and voltage is 16V. It's about 105 degrees here 🙂 Can't find a reference to alternating white-amber in any of the Arlo material

abraxasbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! Will work on this later today

abraxasbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, I have it working again. I removed the doorbell and stuck it in the fridge; it was very warm, though the temperature here is less than what the doorbell has seen over the last two years (up to 120). Let it cool down, then reinstalled it. Works now, but lets see what happens. The unit itself was warmer than the surrounding area and it is not in the sun. May have an internal fault causing it to overheat. Thanks again for your help!!!

Bob

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation