Add device dialog recommendation

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I recently had a problem applying a firmware update to the video doorbell.  It would repeatedly return an error.  So, I removed the doorbell and started over with Add Device.  This is a remote location.  I have discovered , I can overcome that problem by setting up an VPN to the location and being local…virtually.   No problem.   Then after going through the INCREDIBLY TEDIOUS AND UNHELPFUL (when the doorbell is already physically installed) installation process, I realized I needed someone to be home to press the button.  Argh.  So I waited to do it all again another day when someone was on site.

After going through the process several times, I have a request for the app developers.  PLEASE give us a way to skip through the incredibly detailed (and no doubt helpful when physical installation is first being performed) installation screens.  When removing and re-adding the device, those screens are incredibly frustrating and wasteful…in terms of customer time.  Please add one more screen up front…. Are you physically installing your doorbell or is it already installed?   And let us skip that incredibly tedious dialog after day #1.  Take us right to the question about the white lite and we will gladly walk to the light, Carol-Anne.

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation