Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Accountability - additional, unforeseen, un announced by Arlo, $1.00 fee

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kkramer74
Aspirant
Aspirant

6/20/2020

Subject:  Accountability

This isn't about my unit, about of the lack of accountability by Arlo.

I got and email indicating my trial period was ending soon, actually 3 weeks from now, so in my good faith I decided to setup my new $9.99 monthly payment, assuming the first draw would be on my trial period end date.  No it wasn't, you took my money early!  You haven't indicated when you will draw the second and subsequent payments, day of the month!!  And then there was an additional, unforeseen, un announced by Arlo, $1.00 fee!!! What was that for?

Hear me and hear me clear - I don't need your gizmo.  There are others out there on the market, plus yours doesn't work all the great, especially with the communication delay, 15-20 seconds to speak to the delivery person at the front door.  Do you think they're going to wait? NO.

Don't rip people off - yeah it's a buck, but it's was my buck and you picked my pocket.  Bad customer service Arlo.  Ar - Low - Blow!!!

2 REPLIES 2
kkramer74
Aspirant
Aspirant

6/20/2020

Subject:  Accountability

This isn't about my unit, about of the lack of accountability by Arlo.

I got and email indicating my trial period was ending soon, actually 3 weeks from now, so in my good faith I decided to setup my new $9.99 monthly payment, assuming the first draw would be on my trial period end date.  No it wasn't, you took my money early!  You haven't indicated when you will draw the second and subsequent payments, day of the month!!  And then there was an additional, unforeseen, un announced by Arlo, $1.00 fee!!! What the hell was that for?

Hear me and hear me clear - I don't need your gizmo.  There are others out there on the market, plus yours doesn't work all the great, especially with the communication delay, 15-20 seconds to speak to the delivery person at the front door.  Do you think they're going to wait? Hell NO.  

Don't rip people off - yeah it's a buck, but it's was my buck and you picked my pocket.  Bad customer service Arlo.  Ar - Low - Blow!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kkramer74,

The 1.00 charge sounds like authorization charge. These typically show up on your credit card as "pending" and when the actual subscription charge is finalized, the 1.00 charge will fall off. Keep an eye on your credit card statement and if you have further questions about this, I encourage you to reach out to the support team: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation