Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD1001Ar1.2 - My doorbell chimes every time a car or something passing through the street

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
harikiyer
Follower
Follower

My doorbell chimes every time a car or something passing through the street which is about 25 to 30 feet away. I am trying to adjust the activity zone to about 10 to 15 feet maximum thus reducing chiming nonsense. 

I called the tech support on chat yesterday and spent almost an hour and he could not help me. He sent me steps to follow to access the activity zone but I could not ACCESS that in door bell app. Any help?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@harikiyer wrote:

He sent me steps to follow to access the activity zone but I could not ACCESS that in door bell app. Any help?

Just to clarify - you can't set a depth in the activity zones.  You just set up regions in the image - any detected motion in those regions will trigger a recording and notification, no matter how far away.

Do you have a subscription?  You do need one in order to get the activity zone feature with the doorbell.  The feature is done in the Arlo cloud, not the doorbell itself.

Do you mean that you can't find the activity zone settings?  Or that you can't set the activity zone?

Have you also tried a PC browser (my.arlo.com).  Personally I find it a bit easier to set them up in a browser with a mouse.

If you do have a subscription, then you can also disable "vehicles" and perhaps "all other motion" in the smart notifications.

You can also reduce the motion sensitivity (either with or without a subscription).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation