Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

invited user doesn't see doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
brokencloud
Star
Star

My wife can't answer the doorbell on her phone. This product is absolutely broken and useless if only one member of the household can use it to answer the door. Is it designed for single people only?

IMG_2431.PNG

Hey Arlo? Give me my money back so I can buy the google doorbell please

8 REPLIES 8
brokencloud
Star
Star

even when it does connect the person at the door can't hear invited users. I have stopped subscribing to the paid service given all the issues I now have.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @brokencloud 

Does the granted access user see the library icon within the app or a "feed" icon? 

brokencloud
Star
Star

Yes. They can even connect and see video. They just can't talk to the person at the door.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Re-read the question. There are currently 2 different user interfaces (UI) in use so it's important to know what you and the guest see.

brokencloud
Star
Star

I can’t be certain I understand your question exactly as I am a consumer of the Arlo products and am not a member of the product team ar Arlo.

Although, I am thankful for your help, the fact that I need to join a “community” to now use these products means they are no longer fit for consumers, which is a shame.

All that said, I believe you are referring to the fact that arlo has changed the experience recently within the app and cloud to a newer clearly untested interface focused on automation.

my devices and that of my guest have all been ungraded to the newer complex and buggy UI. Is that what you were referring to?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the record, the ONLY Arlo employees here have specific Arlo avatars. Generally, they are @JamesC and @ShayneS . The rest of us are users like you and me.

The question that you didn't answer before was "Does the granted access user see the library icon within the app or a "feed" icon? ". You now have answered it.

Since you have at least one device that requires a subscription, which enables you to communicate with official support, you can simply use Settings, Support Center to choose your doorbell and get various forms of contact to support. This user forum can be useful for potential fixes but can't provide updates to apps or firmware.

brokencloud
Star
Star

The issue is no longer a support issue but a consumer law issue. The product was advertised to allow multiple users to answer the door and did until a poorly implemented software change in arlos cloud. Product support tiers, subscription level (which I have now cancelled), doesn’t factor in to the fact that the software is now defective and the $1000 worth of products I have bought now don’t work.

I have started the process to engage with fair trading to resolve the matter by getting my money back.

brokencloud
Star
Star

For the record my property has been insecure for weeks now given the issues with the cameras and the doorbell just doesn’t work ad designed. The offshore support operation have not been helpful even though they document they have been. It’s just not an acceptable modern consumer experience.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation