Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
kk0729
Follower
Follower

I have been using the Essential Video Doorbell Wire-free. After app updated on 19 Jan, the preview is not showing for motion alerts push notification. Anyone has the same problem?

39 REPLIES 39
csracing171
Guide
Guide

Thank you, that would be most appreciated as I would like to have the app functioning as it did prior

This is so important to be able to quick view without having to log into the system which takes time 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@csracing171

Agreed, I will keep you all posted. I'm following this closely.

XanderTigerclaw
Tutor
Tutor

Add me to the list of affected customers - all 3 of my Essential Wireless (model “H9”) cameras stopped showing the image/animation preview in iOS notifications a few days ago like the others mentioned here. Using latest iOS 16 on an iPhone and iPad, all cameras connected to a Base Station, no changes that would have impacted this on my end that I’m aware of. @ShayneS do you want my 3 SNs also sent through?

D4vy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue since maybe week ago.

I have 6 Arlo Ultra cameras and a Video Doorbell, and none of them are showing the animated preview anymore.

Pixel 7 Pro and Pixel 3XL.

KJSR34
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine has just started to work again. I now have the animated notifications back. Even for the notifications that were previously blank and not cleared now have animations.

I am not sure abut the timing but it was fixed around an hour after I PM-ed admin with the serial numbers of my devices.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The cloud team has made an adjustment that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue seeing this behavior.

JamesC

JoAllan
Initiate
Initiate

Animated Preview has just started working again. I have not changed any settings or reinstalled app or rebooted anything. Only had 2 notifications that have worked so will see what happens for the rest of the day.

csracing171
Guide
Guide

Thank you James,

I have just tested it and it is now working again, thank you so much for your help

What was the issue??

Regards 

Tony

YellowRabbit
Guide
Guide

Thank you for looking into this and for your teams resolving it so quickly. I can also confirm that animated previews are now working again.

XanderTigerclaw
Tutor
Tutor

Magically all appearing again here for me too, my thanks to the cloud team for fixing whatever server-side thing had stopped working! 😺

Carls83
Tutor
Tutor

Suddenly working for me now too without changing anything.. isn't that funny-it wasn't our phones lol

d73616
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Both thumbnail and animated preview are working now.

AndriiVylkov
Aspirant
Aspirant

no notification, no viewing of previous videos !!!!

sia_later
Star
Star

Uh oh. Someone either forgot to check a box or uncomment a line of code, haha...

It's working on system once again, ultra and floodlight

D4vy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Confirming it works now. Thanks.

Discussion stats