Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
kk0729
Follower
Follower

I have been using the Essential Video Doorbell Wire-free. After app updated on 19 Jan, the preview is not showing for motion alerts push notification. Anyone has the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The cloud team has made an adjustment that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue seeing this behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

YellowRabbit
Guide
Guide

I have the exact same issue on my Arlo Cameras. The problem started for me yesterday and occurs on both my phones (Android and iPhone).

If I press and hold an iPhone notification, I get a blank white box. If it is a smart notification and it has detected a vehicle or person etc, it shows a green outline where that object was but the entire notification is still white (see image below). The notifications on my Android simply don't expand anymore.

YellowRabbit_0-1674591067417.png

I have tried working with support on this but they just kept telling me to uninstall and reinstall the app. Explained that this stopped working on both phones at the same time. Didn't get anywhere on this. So frustrated.

The version on the iPhone is 4.0.4. On Android it is 4.0.4_28512. Tried re-installing, rebooting, etc and still have the same issue.

This must either be a server-side issue or both those latest versions of the app have the problem.

YellowRabbit
Guide
Guide

Animated Previews are no longer working. The problem started for me yesterday and occurs on both my phones (Android and iPhone).

If I press and hold an iPhone notification, I get a blank white box. If it is a smart notification and it has detected a vehicle or person etc, it shows a green outline where that object was but the entire notification is still white (see image below). The notifications on my Android simply don't expand anymore.

YellowRabbit_0-1674593254044.png

I have tried working with support on this but they just kept telling me to uninstall and reinstall the app. Explained that this stopped working on both phones at the same time. Didn't get anywhere on this. So frustrated.

The version on the iPhone is 4.0.4. On Android it is 4.0.4_28512. Tried re-installing, rebooting, etc and still have the same issue.

This must either be a server-side issue or both those latest versions of the app have the problem.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

JoAllan
Initiate
Initiate

Yes I am having the same issues. Just updated the app and animated preview now only shows a black screen. Very disappointing.

Drewstar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

A couple of days ago the animated preview on the notification has disappeared.

I still get the notification on my S20 phone but the image is missing.

I have checked all the settings  relating to this and they are all ticked as per below

• Animated preview (each camera)
  • Mute notifications (Off)
  • Allow notifications
  • Pop ups allowed
  • Badge allowed
  • Lock screen allowed

Has anyone else had this occur recently and or have a fix?

I have restarted my cameras, rebooted my phone, re-installed the app.

Nothing has worked so far.

sia_later
Star
Star

I'm also having this issue. It was working in the morning (+8 GMT) and at some point after midday, it's stopped. No local changes to our system was made including settings.

KJSR34
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Drewster,

I have the same issue on all of my devices that support notifications/animated previews, it started yesterday morning for me. I am on IOS and the image/animation are missing.

I am using the Ultra's.

I logged a ticket with Arlo tech support and am waiting on their update once they further investigate. My Arlo case #43328423.

Regards,

Kevin

LoganLily
Initiate
Initiate

Yes i have this exact same issue, started 24 hrs ago.

Have deleted, reinstalled app, toggled off animated preview, toggled on, checked for firmware updates..turned phone on and off.

and today updated my iphone to latest ios - same issues.

Same issues on my ipad also.

Currently have a an open support case but no resolution yet ;-(

d73616
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have the same issue since last week. All push notifications are received without thumbnail or animated preview. But I haven't update Arlo Secure app yet so it is still 4.0.3_28510 on my Android phone. I have Video Doorbell AVD2001 and Essential Spotlight VMC2030 both having the same issue.

I tried rebooting the Doorbell and reinstall the Arlo Secure app but still receiving text only notifications, even if I kept the notifications for half an hour to see if it was waiting for uploads.

Carls83
Tutor
Tutor

Yes me too, android OS here. Started yesterday too. Arlo Ultra

Carls83
Tutor
Tutor

Yes same for me. Maybe if they listened to their users they would realise it must be an app issue and to make some changes rather than truing to trouble shoot.

bettermetalsnk
Initiate
Initiate

I'm also having an issue with the app - hangs on the splash screen and won't get past it. I have deleted it, reinstalled it...rebooted the phone...etc. 

csracing171
Guide
Guide

Same issue here, went onto online chat and just went around in circles as they have no idea, it is not our issue, it is there system that has failed, why can't they put there hands up and say, yes we have an issue and we will fix it. very frustrating to try and speak to these people 

csracing171
Guide
Guide

Yes, same as everyone else, on line chat went around in circles 

csracing171
Guide
Guide

Have tried everything as you have, Arlo wont fess up and say it is there problem 

Crooksie
Guide
Guide

I get the same issue on my 2 S22s and 2 iPads. I have 7 cameras and as of a few days all of my previews stopped working, every setting is active and I even reset one phone and one tablet along with reset 2 cameras but nothing. I can't roll back the last update so yeah we have been royally stuffed on this one. Another instance of Netgear updating something that worked fine, they did it with solar charging by disabling always charge and no doubt they will break another part on the next update. They cannot leave things alone so I won't be buying these ever again

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback. I have escalated this yesterday and the team is investigating. Would any of the affected users mind Private messaging me with the affected cameras serial number?

Thank you 

Warrenctk
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I private message you? 

csracing171
Guide
Guide

More than happy for you to private message me, but why?

csracing171
Guide
Guide

Hi Thanks for your help

Camera serial numbers as follows 

Please bear in mind, and I will say again, this is an Arlo issue with your systems or software upgrades, myself along with many others just keep going around in circles trying to get Arlo to resolve this problem, it is not a problem form my end, nothing has changed and out systems, all phones and internet are working fine.

I am hoping that you can find a quick fix for the problem.

If not, how do I request a refund of my money due to not being able to work as per my expectations and product promise?

Thanks

Anthony John

csracing171
Guide
Guide

Yep, I think everyone else is in the same boat, Arlo have wasted so much of my time trying to fix the problem form our end. This is there problem and at this point they need to put there hand up and fix it. funny how it started happening on both our phones at the same time, nothing has changed with our internet, phones or wifi, yet they keep trying to go through 1000 things on our end. Is there Issue they need to fix. Keep logging the problem or keep calling them

csracing171
Guide
Guide

Good luck getting through to them that it is there issue and not ours, wasted hours yesterday going around in circles with them

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Warrenctk wrote:

How can I private message you? 

You send a PM (private message) via the envelope icon on the upper right of the forum page.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all the info, This issue is not system wide and Arlo is investigating the reports and the serial numbers provided. I will update this thread when I have more info.

Thanks

Discussion stats