Video not loading when doorbell pressed

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Leesh00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Just installed this device and having a bit of a problem.

I can go to device and watch a live video feed from the camera, however when the door bell is pressed I get the call on my phone and the 2 way audio works, but the video feed has a white spinning circle like it can't connect/buffering?

Device updated to latest firmware and using a Google 6 phone running Android 14.

Any help appreciated.

34 REPLIES 34
Travisgrahmann
Aspirant
Aspirant

Greyed out over the most recent image with a spinning wheel.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does the same occur over wifi and mobile data? Do you have screenshot you can provide real quick. 

Travisgrahmann
Aspirant
Aspirant

The behavior is the same over WiFi and mobile data. Attached are screenshots of both conditions.

1000000254.png

1000000253.png

  

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

Is your doorbell connected to WiFi or SmartHub? If the latter, try connecting to WiFi.

Travisgrahmann
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's connected via WiFi only

NiallP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this doorbell and have the same issue on my Pixel 7a phone with Android 14 - on the rare occasion where I actually get the call (usually just get a notification saying "someone has pressed the doorbell" which does nothing at all) I can hear audio but just the never-ending spinning circle.

Until recently my wife's iPhone did exactly the same thing but when we tested it the other day (at the request of Arlo technical support) we found the iPhone worked fine.

In general I've found the product and app to be fairly poor - calls often fail to come through to the phone as I described above, when they do it can sometimes be several minutes after the doorbell was pushed.  Everything now seems to be "you've found a premium feature", I certainly won't be paying for a subscription if this is as good as it gets.

Arlo93719
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Pixel 7 Pro is still having video issues since Android 14 last November and I am still waiting for a fix. I am glad they have resolved the issue on iPhones. Hopefully they will fix the problem soon. I used to enjoy showing my friend about the Arlo doorbell.  Now it is just an expensive doorbell. 

Arlo93719
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just want give me an update. The latest update version 4.14.5_28674 dated 6/6/2024 fixed the issue. For those who are experiencing my video issue please update your Arlo app.  Now it is behaving as it should. Thanks for Jeff at developer support. 

NiallP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got that version and it still doesn't work for me.

Travisgrahmann
Aspirant
Aspirant

The new software release didn't correct the issue. 

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation