Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
durbyoliv92
Follower
Follower

Hey everyone,

We have owned an AVD2001 for around two weeks now which has been updating firmware for the past two days. We let it keep doing its thing since our front door is covered by an FB1001 - but is it downloading and trying to install a massive firmware update, or is it simply buggin’?

Appreciate your responses in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would start by removing and reconnecting the doorbell. If the update doesn't occur within 5 minutes during the installation, use the reset procedure spelled out in the FAQ here in the support section. Hold the small button for >10 seconds until the ring starts rapidly flashing white. Try the  installation again.

Sewster
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no such reset button on the wireless doorbell

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Sewster
Aspirant
Aspirant
You are absolutely correct.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi durbyoliv92

Thank you for providing this feedback. We would like to investigate this report, do you mind sending me a PM, providing me with your Admin email used when setting up your system.

Thank you!

c0d3x
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue, doorbell is unresponsive when I chose to install the firmware update.

Says it will take up to 5 minutes, but it have taken all day.

The reboot option is disabled.

How do I fix this issue the app seems to be locked in firmware update mode? But when searching for firmware updates it says the latest version is installed.

Firmware: 1.2.0.0_445_73729b9_bb89fad

Hardware: AVD2001Aer1.2

c0d3x
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok!

So what worked was triggering a reboot from the Arlo web client.

Then I got another firmware update notification, I set it to update again and waited for it to finish without leaving the application update screen.

Now it is working normal again, no need to remove or factory reset device!

Firmware: 1.2.0.0_464_d081fa5_7d8d6fc

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation