Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Re: second Arlo essential doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Henrikno7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I bought the Arlo essential video doorbell from Amazon a few weeks ago but I found out that the battery was faulty and I sent it back and got a replacement yesterday. I installed it last night and was working but it was pressed today and I didn't get a notification or call my phone so I checked the battery which was charged until green yesterday was charged for 2 Hours so I have it here and it's on red/amber I'm using the cable provided with it so again it's looking like a battery problem I have Arlo cameras and they last week's after a full charge but this is getting annoying I've followed all the instructions pressed the doorbell around 6 times make sure it's working last night now as I said today I've got to charge it up and I'm using the Arlo plug for one of the camera's with the lead provided it charges the camera's up quickly with the plug I was sent when I first bought the Arlo system a couple of year's ago. Can anyone help me with this I know the weather's cold just now but should it be draining a battery , and surely pressing half a dozen times isn't going to drain it and I'm not prepared to do this every morning especially when I have to Go out so I think if it's going to keep doing this I'll be sending it back again but it was bought from Amazon good if it would hold a charge but not if it's going to keep draining after a short period of time. Any help is appreciated thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Live streams, motion/audio detection events, poor signal strength and WiFi interference are all factors when troubleshooting poor battery life.

If your doorbell is frequently triggered, you might try reducing it's motion sensitivity to eliminate unwanted detections. This will go a long way in improving battery life.

JamesC

Henrikno7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I have stopped notifications when I don't need them Plus a couple of adjustments with the wifi device's I have so it's working better now plus virgin are sending out a WiFi disc tomorrow to try and get some of the blindspots but thanks for your reply it's appreciated thanks.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation