Muting a Chime 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Spiderspoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the above Doorbell with a Chime 2.

We have someone staying who is trying to sleep during the day. I went out for a while. I would have liked to retain the video recording of someone approaching our front door and muting the Chime 2. I couldn't find a way to do that.

Instead I had to disarm the Doorbell. That stopped anyone from ringing the doorbell, but it also inactivated the video, which wasn't what I was trying to achieve.

Now assuming that there is no current way of muting the Chime 2, is there a way this can be programmed into the system? I mean by Arlo doing an update to the software.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Spiderspoon wrote:

Instead I had to disarm the Doorbell. That stopped anyone from ringing the doorbell, but it also inactivated the video, which wasn't what I was trying to achieve.

There is a silence mode - see item 8 here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062573/Arlo-Chime-2-FAQ  That will stop video calling, but won't video recordings will still happen.

I don't have the chime 2, but the older chime had a volume control, so you could look for that.  If worse comes to worse, you could just unplug it.    

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Spiderspoon wrote:

There is a silence mode - see item 8 here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062573/Arlo-Chime-2-FAQ  That will stop video calling, but won't video recordings will still happen.

I don't have the chime 2, but the older chime had a volume control, so you could look for that.  If worse comes to worse, you could just unplug it.    

Spiderspoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that. I found silent mode, and I activated it. But I can't test it until she wakes up. I'll reply again when I have tested it.

Spiderspoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tested it and it works. Thanks for that. I thought it might have been in Chime settings, but it was in the Doorbell settings.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation