Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Model AVD1001 wired device no LEDs during setup

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Liebschen
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased this new along with a Pro 4 spotlight camera. It arrived New Years day. I followed all of the prescribed steps on the App for the video doorbell cam. The device doesn't work...am I doing something wrong? Can the device be defective? I'm a retired electrician, so I can verify that the voltage is correct along with the prescribed power supply requirements. It is tied in with the existing chime which has a front and rear door bell button. The wiring is also correct when I added the AVD1001. Can't reach a person to talk with since I don't have an account as of yet....I'm eligible for the 30 day trial...how do I get that

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One thing to know is that the doorbell has a small internal battery that has to be sufficiently charged for the doorbell to work (and be found). It appears that you've had it connected long enough for this to happen but can you verify that it was connected to the wiring for at least 30 minutes, just to be safe?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Liebschen wrote:

The device doesn't work...am I doing something wrong? Can the device be defective?

It could be defective.

Can you give us more information on what isn't working?  For instance, are you getting to the point where the QR code is scanned?

Liebschen
Tutor
Tutor

Sure, and thanks for the reply. I downloaded the Arlo app to my Android cellphone. I followed the instructions on the app to a "T". I turned off the power to work on the equipment as the instructions called for, and then re-energized the circuit when the work was completed. I have 2 existing doorbell buttons, front and rear. The rear worked fine. The front doorbell was the one that I replaced with the Arlo wired. It was blank....no LED's lit. I turned off the power and switched to bypass...turned the power back on...still blank.  Digital Fluke shows 16vac at the chime and it is being powered by a 10va transformer. I took down all of the Arlo equipment and restored the chime to its' previous working state. I don't presently have an Arlo subscription, but I plan to once I get off of 1st base. I'll activate the Pro 4 camera at that time. Any light that you can shed, will be greatly appreciated!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like a defective doorbell to me.  Exchanging it with the seller is the best way to proceed.

Liebschen
Tutor
Tutor
Those were my thoughts as well. Thanks for the help. With those lights not coming on, I couldn't proceed to the next steps and expect the video doorbell camera to sync with the app. I'll exchange it for another unit with the vendor.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One thing to know is that the doorbell has a small internal battery that has to be sufficiently charged for the doorbell to work (and be found). It appears that you've had it connected long enough for this to happen but can you verify that it was connected to the wiring for at least 30 minutes, just to be safe?

Liebschen
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the suggestion. I re-installed the equipment and left it on for several hours. When I checked the video cam doorbell, it had an LED light. I followed the instructions in the Arlo app, and now have a working doorbell. Again, many thanks for the "tip".... I'll get the Pro 4 camera next. Waiting for the weather to give me a chance to get outside to install the cam mounts. It's a "snowthing"...lol
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation