Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to stop / pause my wireless video doorbell from recording and notification

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Karl8333
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello. We have a small patio outside our front door that we use often during summer for barbecuing and relaxing in the sun, when we have it here in Norway. Usually 7 days in July 😂. Joking.

So my problem is every time me or my family moves I’ll get a notification from Arlo. Which is good it works. But same time very annoying since we are home and outsid the door. So back to my question. Can I stop or pause it while we are outside or must I take it down every time we sit outside?
Hope for answers
Best regards Karl
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Karl8333 wrote:
Disarm? Is that removing it and put it back. ? Or is there an options in the app?

It's in the app.  Press "mode" on the top screen.  If the doorbell is connected to your home wifi, you'll see it listed there.  If it's connected to a base/smarthub, you'll see the base.  Either way, it will list the current mode (likely Armed).  

Press the device, and you can change the mode to disarmed.  

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

@Karl8333 wrote:

Same with mute how do I mute in the app ? 

Press "settings" on the main page and you will see "Mute Notifications"  You can set the mute time to 30 minutes, 1 hour, 3 hours, or 24 hours.  Notifications will automatically restart when the time expires.

Note this will supress all notifications (from all cameras in the account).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Karl8333 wrote:
 Can I stop or pause it while we are outside 

Yes. 

You can mute the notifications from the app.  That will stop the notifications, but not the recordings.

You can also disarm the doorbell when you are outside, which will disable both notifications and recordings.  If you use this approach, you of course need to remember to rearm the doorbell when you go back inside.

Karl8333
Aspirant
Aspirant
Disarm? Is that removing it and put it back. ? Or is there an options in the app?
Same with mute how do I mute in the app ? Thank you for your help
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Karl8333 wrote:

It's in the app.  Press "mode" on the top screen.  If the doorbell is connected to your home wifi, you'll see it listed there.  If it's connected to a base/smarthub, you'll see the base.  Either way, it will list the current mode (likely Armed).  

Press the device, and you can change the mode to disarmed.  

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

@Karl8333 wrote:

Same with mute how do I mute in the app ? 

Press "settings" on the main page and you will see "Mute Notifications"  You can set the mute time to 30 minutes, 1 hour, 3 hours, or 24 hours.  Notifications will automatically restart when the time expires.

Note this will supress all notifications (from all cameras in the account).

Karl8333
Aspirant
Aspirant
Amazing. So easy when you explained. Thank you 👍🏻👍🏻
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation