Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ssb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a doorbell and 6 of the Pro 5K S2 cameras. They will not register on my Cisco network.  I was required to purchase a Netgear WiFi router to get them on my network.  So, huge disappointment given that they claim these cameras do not require a hub.

I put in tickets to get support.   They do nothing and then send notices they will close the ticket due to inactivity every 3 days. I literally would post "you've not even reviewed my case, do not close this ticket" every 3 days to keep them from closing the ticket.

Does anyone have the magic formula to get Arlo to actively work a support case?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ssb1,

I will review your open support ticket and request a status update.

The most common issue with initially onboarding Arlo Pro 5 cameras is the home network security type (WPA2 vs WPA3). The Pro 5 camera did not support WPA3 at launch but has since received firmware updates resolving this issue. If you've already onboarded your Arlo Pro 5 cameras to a network with WPA2 and downloaded the latest firmware update, you should now be able to connect the cameras to a WPA2/WPA3 network. This will require you to remove the camera (a factory reset should be automatic upon removal) and then go through the onboarding process again on the desired network.

JamesC

ssb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James.  All of my tickets have been closed by the support team without any action, so will not be "open".  One ticket # is 43425241.  Another is 43367453.

ssb1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC - thanks for checking in.  On my list for Friday.  Will report back ASAP.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation