Geofencing & doorbell notification on all the time

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
bazmacdonald
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Hi is it possible to have geofencing enabled on all cameras, but to still receive motion alerts all day on doorbell? 
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bazmacdonald wrote:
  • Hi is it possible to have geofencing enabled on all cameras, but to still receive motion alerts all day on doorbell? 

Yes.  

The details depend on whether you have the new user experience (with "Feed" and "Dashboard" menu options) or the older one (with "Library" as a menu option).  Let us know which experience you have.

bazmacdonald
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for reply, I have one with library option, how do I get the new one 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bazmacdonald wrote:

I have one with library option, how do I get the new one 

My recommendation is to NOT migrate to Feed if you don't have to.  There are bugs (and some limitations) that hopefully will be ironed out before Arlo switches everyone over to it.

What you do with Library is

1. create a custom mode that only includes a rule for the doorbell.  All other cameras will be automatically disarmed when this mode is activated.  You might call this mode "doorbell".
  2. test this mode, but manually selecting it, and make sure the doorbell and cameras are working as you expect.

More info on this step is here:

On the geofencing part - I am assuming that you want all the cameras + doorbell armed when you are away, and only the doorbell to be armed when you are home.

If that is the case, then set the geofencing "Home" mode to the "doorbell" mode you created above.  Set the "Away" mode to "Armed".

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation