Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Essential wireless doorbell not recording audio.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
splinternet
Aspirant
Aspirant

As per the title.  I've tried this out myself.  There's no indication in either the app or my.arlo.com that I've left a message.  I've checked https://kb.arlo.com/1012167/ and the 'mode' for the doorbell shows this (no indication that it's going to record audio):

Screenshot 2024-04-17 130508.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@splinternet After the visitor presses the doorbell to leave a message they can continue to leave their verbal message. Once the doorbell is done saving to the cloud, you will receive a push notification stating "A voice message was left on *Camera name*. You can view this in the library/feed section labeled as "Missed".

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Go into the doorbell audio settings, and make sure that the microphone is enabled there.

Also go into the call settings and make sure "allow voicemail" is enabled.

splinternet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Microphone is enabled.  So is allow voicemail in 'call settings' along with phone speaker and phone microphone

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@splinternet 

I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

splinternet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can anyone please help?   I've been in touch with Arlo Europe Support three times this week but the support rep doesn't appear to grasp the problem.  He thinks I'm trying to leave a voice message!   So here's the scenario step by step.  

(1) the visitor presses the doorbell.  (2) my phone rings.  (3) I miss the call.  (4) the caller is invited to leave a voice message by pressing the doorbell again.  (5) the visitor presses the doorbell and speaks a message into the doorbell.  (6) this message does not appear anywhere, it just vanishes - there's no indication in the app nor on my mobile phone of a message having been left.    

This is a real problem for me, it is making my  whole installation sub-optimised.  Am I doing something wrong?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@splinternet 

Thank you for letting me know. I have escalated this to another team. They will be reaching out to you soon to help isolate this issue. 

splinternet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks

splinternet
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS wrote:

@splinternet 

Thank you for letting me know. I have escalated this to another team. They will be reaching out to you soon to help isolate this issue. 

In the meantime, can I have someone's view that I'm not overlooking something in this sequence of events...

(1) the visitor presses the doorbell. 

(2) my phone rings, but I miss the call

(3) the visitor is invited to leave a voice message by pressing the doorbell again. 

(4) the visitor presses the doorbell

[at this point should the visitor receive a prompt to start speaking, or just carry on regardless?]

(5) the visitor speaks a message into the doorbell. 

(6) where should I see a notification that a message has been left?   

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@splinternet After the visitor presses the doorbell to leave a message they can continue to leave their verbal message. Once the doorbell is done saving to the cloud, you will receive a push notification stating "A voice message was left on *Camera name*. You can view this in the library/feed section labeled as "Missed".

splinternet
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS wrote:

@splinternetAfter the visitor presses the doorbell to leave a message they can continue to leave their verbal message. Once the doorbell is done saving to the cloud, you will receive a push notification stating "A voice message was left on *Camera name*. You can view this in the library/feed section labeled as "Missed".

Thanks Shayne - mystery solved.  I've had messages sent say something like "message left" but when I selected this it puts me at some random point in my feed, amongst hundreds of "Person" notifications.  I wasn't aware there was a "Missed" label. So just now I scrolled to the top of my feed and saw it - selected it and saw/heard the voice message.  So I think the problem was that I was dumped somewhere in the middle of my feed list. 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation