Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
FrankKS
Initiate
Initiate

We have not been able to connect, we never have heard the “success tone”.  We’ve tried the suggestions provide such as hold the QR code further, closer, angled, wipe the camera etc.....HELP

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you reset the doorbell using the procedure in the FAQ here in the support area? Hold the button for >10 seconds until the ring starts flashing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FrankKS,

Adding to the suggestion above, take a look at this article for tips on scanning the QR code: My Arlo device won’t scan the QR code when I am connecting it to a router; what do I do?

JamesC

skoelkoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting the confrimation tone when I scan the QR code but I can not get the the doorbell camera to connect to the app. I tried a different mobile device to make sure it was not my phone. followed all the troubleshooting steps i could find on the web site and still nothing works.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Including the reset procedure?

skoelkoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, I have followed all the troubleshooting I could find and nothing still works.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

skoelkoe,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Sewster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. You keep referring to this reset procedure on the wire-free doorbell AVD2001, but there is no reset button on this device

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sewster wrote:

You keep referring to this reset procedure on the wire-free doorbell AVD2001, but there is no reset button on this device

Yes there is.  There's a pinhole on the back.  See #16 here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062526/Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell-Wire-Free-FAQ

Sewster
Aspirant
Aspirant
You are absolutely correct. I’m so sorry i didn’t see this
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sewster wrote:
 I’m so sorry i didn’t see this

No worries - it's easy to miss.  And answering questions is what we're here for.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation