Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EmJr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've recently installed an Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell, and am generally not receiving calls when the button is pushed.

I do get a notification on my phone, and if the app is open the call usually (but not always) comes through. If I'm not using the app at exactly the right moment there seems to be a 90% or more chance of no call. It seems to be slightly more likely to work correctly if my phone is on wifi rather than mobile data, but with my current sample size that could just be coincidence.

I've checked that Silent Mode is switched off.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to make sure I get a call each time the button is pressed? A doorbell that only works some of the time isn't particularly useful.

Equipment:

Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell (AVD2001 Aer1.2 with firmware: 1.2.0.0_428_10a4adb_683e3b5)

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9 with Android version 10

App: Version 2.22.7_28285

I also have some Pro3 and Essential cameras connected to a VMB4540r2 hub, but the doorbell isn't connected to them (which is the subject of another rant, thanks to some misleading wording on a vendor's website).

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EmJr,

If it works when connected to WiFi but rarely works on mobile data, this sounds like it could be a signal issue. Does your mobile device have poor signal strength?

JamesC

EmJr
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. It also has dual SIMs from 2 different providers, so the problem is not network-related. As I said in my post, I suspect it's only coincidence, but mentioned it in case being on the same WiFi network as the doorbell might be relevant.
Dennisdev1200
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

Im from the Netehrlands and I have the same issue. I can't find what the problem is. It was working fith the first installations now it don't working. I reset everthing and doe the installeations again but stillnothing. Hopefully sombody can helping me.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dennisdev1200,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation