Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Video Doorbell and Chime 2 - VPN and adding chime

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GT-
Follower
Follower

Three questions:

1. Does the Essential Wire Free Video Doorbell work with VPN connected after setup?

2. When I try to scan the code on the Chime 2 to sync with the doorbell, I grant camera access and scan the code with my phone camera, but it simply returns me to the step in the app to scan the code without giving me any additional prompts or instructions or ability to "continue". Is there something else I'm supposed to do to scan the code and for the app to move to the next step to sync the chime?

3. I'm on my 30 day free trial for Arlo support and tried several times to use the chat feature but found it very frustrating. I would like to speak by phone with a support representative but can't find a telephone number for Arlo support. It's my understanding that my 30 day free trial includes telephone support. What is the telephone number for Arlo support?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Once configured, all you need is Internet access via whatever method, including VPN. You're just connecting to arlo.com.

2) Try resetting the chime as well as rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

https://kb.arlo.com/000061879/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Chime-or-Arlo-Chime-2

3) Not sure what the 30 day trial is but there's a 3 month trial subscription for any new camera that entitles you to use Settings, Support. Choose the needed device for options including phone.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation