Doorbell going offline more frequently

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CJOS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Set up our wire-free doorbell in early August. Every two weeks it'll go offline for a few hours; pulling the battery will fix it, but if we're not around we just have to wait a few hours for it to resolve itself. Then it started happening once a week. Now it's two days in a row. It's not the placement related to the wifi router, it's only a few feet away (we have another camera much farther away, no issues). Went through all the support articles, nothing helps. According to this forum, there's a more recent firmware update, but the app says there are no updates, so I can't try that. At a loss. Can't just have this thing going offline for hours at a time, and there's nothing we can do when we're not home to ping it. Have to find a solution or have to switch to a different company.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Signal strength isn't the only possible issue - quality also gets in there. ARe there any other wireless devices near the doorbell that also use the 2.4GHz band, WiFi or not?  Have you tested it to verify it's actually offline? Also, try the web client, too, to see if there's a difference.

CJOS
Aspirant
Aspirant

There aren't any devices near it, and there's nothing in between it and the router that could be interfering (no appliances, metals, etc.). The doorbell itself acts like it's online, meaning that the light on it pulses when you're near, detecting your movement. But it won't record, and no alerts in the app about activity; can't arm/disarm it, and both the iOS app and the web app say it's offline. I haven't tried hitting the doorbell button when it's offline to see if that will trigger anything, but that's a moot point if we're not at home anyway.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You originally stated that you've had the doorbell since early August, meaning your free 3 month trial is now likely over. You'll need to subscribe to a plan to regain functionality which may or may not help with the offline issue.

CJOS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good idea, but we've already signed up for a plan so it's not that. My current theory is that there's some momentary hiccup in the wifi connection, and if that's the case I just wish there was a way for it to take less than 4-5 hours for it to reconnect.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation