Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dont Buy It (unless you have the worlds fastest internet)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
nothappy9999
Follower
Follower

So I bought the unit 4 months ago and it never connected. When I finally got some time to try to contact customer support through their complex/difficult chat system, they ended up telling me its my fault since my internet is slow slow (190+ MB down, 15+MB up) - since I already have 4 of their cameras that each need 2MB bandwidth. They told me to upgrade my internet (I have the fastest I can buy with my IP). I asked if they would refund me but they said no since its too late.  I will not buy or recommend their stuff to anyone. Companies should stand by their stuff or provide a refund. They should tell you up front that if you have their cameras, then the doorbell unit wont work - to help poor schlubs like me from dealing with a $60 addition to the waste stream. Happy New Year 😞

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

15Mbps is plenty for almost all usage. You'd need to be streaming all cameras at once to saturate that speed which doesn't happen often in reality.

Try setting the doorbell up inside the house instead of having it mounted outdoors. You signal strength/quality when outdoors may be the issue. What is the house construction and what is the straightline distance between your router and the doorbell mounting?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation