Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disconnect iPhone from doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
alanbruno
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot find any way to do this and I can't believe there's no way to stop it: I can't stand the Arlo connectivity to my iPhone. I don't want the doorbell calling my phone. I don't want anyone to leave me a message (especially since they're being asked to do so as I'm on my to answering the door). All I want is a doorbell that takes video.

The Arlo app is so shallow in its offerings. I mean, far as I can tell there is no setting to determine the phone number being contacted. What if a change phone numbers? What if I wanted a different phone to be alerted (I don't!). Heck, I don't even remember telling the thing what my phone number is.

Come on Arlo. Beef-up your app!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@alanbruno wrote:

I cannot find any way to do this and I can't believe there's no way to stop it: I can't stand the Arlo connectivity to my iPhone. I don't want the doorbell calling my phone. I don't want anyone to leave me a message (especially since they're being asked to do so as I'm on my to answering the door). All I want is a doorbell that takes video.

Start with Settings->silent mode

Enable that, and you'll see options to disable video calling but keep the doorbell chime ringing.

Then go into Call Settings and disable "leave a message".

There have been some bugs linked to leave a message - not sure if the are completely fixed. But those are the settings you want.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation