Disarming Doorbell Camera Model AVD2001B

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Powayman2
Guide
Guide

I've read that I can go into the mode setting in the arlo app and disarm or arm my doorbell camera without disarming or arming all of my other cameras. Well I don't have that option. I can arm or disarm all of them or none. I'm using the Android app. Any help or info would be appreciated. I'm glad I bought this with Amazon because I'm very close to returning this for a Ring doorbell camera because it also won't let me turn off the call my cell phone feature everytime the doorbell rings without turning off the chime too. All or none seems to be the theme here.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Powayman2 wrote:

I've read that I can go into the mode setting in the arlo app and disarm or arm my doorbell camera without disarming or arming all of my other cameras. Well I don't have that option. I can arm or disarm all of them or none. I'm using the Android app.

It sounds like the doorbell is connected to a base or smarthub.

In that case, you create a custom mode that includes rules for all your other cameras, but not the doorbell. When you activate that mode, the doorbell will be disarmed.

@Powayman2 wrote:

it also won't let me turn off the call my cell phone feature everytime the doorbell rings without turning off the chime too. All or none seems to be the theme here.

If you put the doorbell into silent mode, you should see an option to enable the chime.

Powayman2
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to create a custom mode to disarm the doorbell separately. An on/off toggle like the other cameras have would be the sensible option.

As for trying to stop it from calling my phone, I have tried putting it in silent mode and enabling the chime only, but when the doorbell button is pushed, it asks to leave a message. If I push it a second time, then the chime rings through my Alexa. It's almost like it reverses the normal non-silent mode. Any advice to have the chime go off in the silent mode? I don't think a person at my door is going to know to push it twice. I wish Arlo would address this with a firmware update and give an option not to ring your phone while having the chime work.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Powayman2 wrote:

I'll try to create a custom mode to disarm the doorbell separately.

Keep in mind that the way to do this is to arm everything else in the custom mode, and not include the doorbell at all.

@Powayman2 wrote:

I have tried putting it in silent mode and enabling the chime only, but when the doorbell button is pushed, it asks to leave a message. If I push it a second time, then the chime rings through my Alexa.

I don't use Alexa integration.

I'm not sure on the status of the leave-a-message bug, so I am tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS )

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation