Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
khilts
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can the siren option be disabled to prevent inadvertent siren activation when a motion alert is triggered?  We want the notification so that we can check the video feed and possibly interact with a person, but don't want any chance of accidentally triggering the siren.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think I got it now - it's the NOTIFICATION that has the option for turning the siren on. No, you can't remove that.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That setting is in your modes and rules. It's off by default so someone must have enabled it there.

khilts
Aspirant
Aspirant

There's no setting to completely disable the siren.  You can trigger it directly with motion (or not) and you can enable or disable push notifications.  I want the notification without any possibility of then having the siren turned on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the phone and reinstall the app. The option is there with the latest app.

khilts
Aspirant
Aspirant

When that option is on, it instantly triggers the siren on a motion event.  Unchecking it does not remove the siren option from the notification.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think I got it now - it's the NOTIFICATION that has the option for turning the siren on. No, you can't remove that.

khilts
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you anyway for considering my question - your time and patient responses are appreciated.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation