Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connecting Arlo Video doorbell to Smarthub

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
shark-en
Follower
Follower
This might have already been covered in a previous discussion before but I haven't seen it done in this exact order because this way was the only way it worked for me. I tried every other way and it wouldn't find the smarthub no matter what I did. If you are currently having this problem or if you ever have to face the problem this will work the first time and you will breath a sigh of relief when all your components starts connecting one by one back to your smart hub. Instead of trying and trying like I did. I wated to connect everything I have directly to the smart hub without going through the wireless router. When I first set everything up I forgot in what order I connected the components. I wanted to change everything that was connected through the router then to the smart hub to the smart hub alone but it wouldn't let me. I had done tried just changing the doorbell only to the smart hub and that way failed. So I tried deleting the wireless video doorbell, cameras and the door chime but it still would connect to the smart hub alone again either. When this failed I started trying to reinstall everything back to the way I once had it but the only thing the app would find was the wireless video doorbell. It wouldn't find the VMB5000 smart hub no matter what I had tried previously. So I tried the only other thing that I hadn't thought of. I deleted the wireless video doorbell again since everything else was already uninstalled and reinstalled the smart hub first. It was found almost instantly; next the wireless video doorbell, next the indoor chime and last the outdoor camera's. I wanted to share this because I seen where alot of others on here was spending time after time on trying to get the smart hub to either connect the first time or trying to reinstalling it the times after that. I also found out that once you do get everything connected to your account and you have a VMB5000 smart hub like I do. You can unhook the ethernet cable and it will record locally wirelessly. The amber color light on the front of the smart hub will blink instead of staying blue like when its connected to the internet right but if your not recording to the cloud and only recording locally to an SD card I
don't think there's any need of it being connected to the internet with an ethernet cable unless you might what to see if there's a firmware update. Because with the VMB5000 smart hub you don't have to take the SD card out of it and put it in a card reader to see what has be record to it you can view it from your phone through the Arlo app. I hope this can be beneficial to someone.
0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation