Cannot get initial set up to work

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Sfillner
Initiate
Initiate

Doorbell chimes when it sees QR code, but flashes red shortly after. Correct WiFi password was used. Router reset but still shows same issue. There is no VPN set up. Frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sfillner
Initiate
Initiate

I jumped on with an Arlo Chat help. We reset the doorbell manually and then it paired just fine.

appreciate the tips. Best wishes

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ybnice
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Sfillner 
I had the same problem.
1.  Make sure the Phone, iPad etc that you are setting up with is using your 2.4 GHz and NOT 5 GHz Wi-Fi.  Change the settings in your Modem.  Mine allowed me to split the 2, which shows them as 2 separate connections under Settings, Network and Internet.  Ring your Internet Provider if unsure how to go into your Modem Settings.  When done change your Phone, iPad etc to the 2.4 GHz first then try again.

2. I set up easier using Google Pixel and Samsung Phone.  The iPad and iPhone were kinda fussy but eventually connected.
If still have issues once you have the above Wi-Fi set up, try resetting your Arlo Doorbell and go through the setup again.  To do this:-  Use the Release Pin.  Press and hold the reset button on the back of the doorbell for about 15 seconds. The LED ring around the doorbell button on the front of the device flashes white when it successfully begins the reset process.

Sfillner
Initiate
Initiate

I jumped on with an Arlo Chat help. We reset the doorbell manually and then it paired just fine.

appreciate the tips. Best wishes

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation