Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Drain - Recharge

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Navamuel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

I have the Arlo wire free, it’s connected to the old doorbell wire over the last 6 months, all working ok always stay charged at 80%.  There hasn’t  been that much use but the battery last weekend not sure why it went down low,  I got a notification that battery was  at 15%, so I recharge it using the plug and cable, I been keeping an eye on the charge during the week, it went down to 80% I could see on the app it started to charge again as wired from the old doorbell,  but overnight it went down from about 65% to 40% ,(I don’t see any notifications of movement of any type) now a few hours later is down to 35%, hasn’t charge anything at all during the day. 

my question is what will the best setting be to allow charging ASAP to the full or 80% ? to try to help I lowered sensitivity to 50%, I also made smaller the activity zone (even that I don’t get that many that are not real movements), any other ideas? The battery only charge with its idle according to the instructions. 

the doorbell was purchased Jan 2022, could it be that battery health starts to deteriorate past the 12 months

to force us to buy a replacement battery? 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Navamuel wrote:

I have the Arlo wire free, it’s connected to the old doorbell wire over the last 6 months, all working ok always stay charged at 80%.  

I suggest checking the power at the doorbell.  It is possible that the transformer is failing, or that something has happened to the wiring connection at the doorbell.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Disconnecting the wires from the doorbell would be a good test.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation