Arlo wireless doorbell not sending info to my apple Watch

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mcfisto
Aspirant
Aspirant
I miss all incoming calls because my phone is always muted.
I do receive alerts from cameras and from the camera in the doorbell itself when motion detection is on. But not if it’s triggered by hand. Since the motion detection is off during daytime the doorbell function is non existing?? Help please.
Will this be resolved in an update?
8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mcfisto wrote:
I miss all incoming calls because my phone is always muted.
I do receive alerts from cameras and from the camera in the doorbell itself when motion detection is on. But not if it’s triggered by hand. Since the motion detection is off during daytime the doorbell function is non existing?? Help please.
Will this be resolved in an update?

It'd be nice to have an option in the doorbell rule to trigger when the doorbell is presed.  But as you know, that isn't available now.  Arlo only rarely pre-announces feature plans, and they haven't said anything about this (one way or the other).

In the meantime, you'll either need to find a way to make an exception for the doorbell calls in the phone, or enable motion detection in the doorbell during the day. 

Mcfisto
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wont be possible with the sound on the phone since I’m shooting films as a sound recordist. The haptic feedback is the only way.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mcfisto wrote:
Wont be possible with the sound on the phone since I’m shooting films as a sound recordist. The haptic feedback is the only way.

iPhones can give haptic feedback when a phone call comes in when the iPhone is in silent mode (vibrate on silent setting). 

My understanding is that you can also set this up in the Apple watch - though I don't own one, so I don't know that for certain.

Mcfisto
Aspirant
Aspirant
I get all other notifications - except doorbell. 🤦🏼‍♂️
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mcfisto wrote:
I get all other notifications - except doorbell. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Are you saying you get haptic feedback for other incoming calls, but not for the doorbell?

Just to be very clear - at the moment there is no notification for a doorbell press, other than the incoming video call. IMO that is something that should be added (as an optional setting). 

I think there are a lot of situations where users will want recordings of everyone pressing their doorbell, but will not want motion recordings (either due to the number of recordings/notifications, or in the case of the AVD2001 due to the need to manage battery life).

Mcfisto
Aspirant
Aspirant
My watch notifys my every time there is notifications - except manual press on doorbell..
I don’t even need the video on the watch, just a heads up “look at phone - someone at the door”
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mcfisto wrote:
My watch notifys my every time there is notifications - except manual press on doorbell..

Does your watch give you haptic feedback when you receive a phone call (not from your doorbell)?

Mcfisto
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. Every notification - from finance, news, phone calls emails, texts messenger alerts, GPS guidance - all but doorbell 🤦🏼‍♂️
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation