Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video doorbell wire free doesn't work on an existing 9 volts charged chime bell.?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Orangeking
Follower
Follower

Hi, just got the video doorbell wire free. I had an 'old' battery (9 volts) chime. I connected it and it only gave 1 chime 'toink' on pressing Arlo and that was it ...?! another push 'nothing'. I disconnected one wire and 1x cime 'toink' . reconnected and pushed Arlo again and history repeated itself. So conclusion it doesn't work on an existing 9 volts charged chime bell.?!

(On the Arlo website it simply says 'it does') Anybody?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Orangeking wrote:

Hi, just got the video doorbell wire free. I had an 'old' battery (9 volts) chime. I connected it and it only gave 1 chime 'toink' on pressing Arlo and that was it ...?! another push 'nothing'. I disconnected one wire and 1x cime 'toink' . reconnected and pushed Arlo again and history repeated itself. So conclusion it doesn't work on an existing 9 volts charged chime bell.?!

(On the Arlo website it simply says 'it does') Anybody?

Per the manual, the chime voltage needs to be 8-24 volts AC.  See page 22 here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloVideoDoorbell/arlo-video-doorbell-wire-free-device-u...

A battery-powered chime would be 9 volts DC, so it is out of spec.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation