Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Video Doorbell (2022) Can it be used for someone opening the door and leaving?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
amarner
Follower
Follower

I didn't buy this yet.  I want to know if the doorbell can work in a different way than most people would use it.  Can this device be used to record someone with Alzheimer's opening the front door and leaving the house?  That's what I need it for, NOT for someone like a delivery person coming to the front door.  Also, if I get the chime as an accessory to the doorbell, how loud is the chime?  Could you hear it throughout  small townhouse?  Any help from the community is appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@amarner wrote:

Can this device be used to record someone with Alzheimer's opening the front door and leaving the house? 

Yes - in addition to the doorbell functionality, it will record when it detects motion, and you can tell it to sound a siren when it detects motion.  That siren can be configured to come through the chime.

But other Arlo cameras might be better suited for this task - one drawback is that the camera cannot be aimed.  So sounding the siren function when it detects motion could result in a lot of false alarms (from people on the sidewalk, or vehicles driving in front of the house, etc).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation