Arlo Chime 2 and Arlo Wireless Doorbell chime

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
imyb
Tutor
Tutor

I have both the wirefree doorbell and the chime 2, both are working however, how do I make the chime, chime more than once, I want it to chime at least three times and not just the one time, please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't invoke multiple instances of whatever chime sound you've chosen. You might want to check out the various chime sounds to see if one lasts longer.

imyb
Tutor
Tutor

Is there a particular reason why this is not allowed?

The longest lasting chime is around 5 seconds if that, how is this of any use to anyone is beyond me.

I mean, the Chime has one task and one task only, to alert you when someone presses the buzzer, I mean it cost £50 and can do 'ding dong' once? (all the other chime sounds are just as bad).

I have to say very disappointed with the lack of options and features on this device.

Another thing, in the ads it says you can imitate dog noises (as a deterrent) depending on what sets off the sensors, however there is no such feature, or is it hidden somewhere?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't tried the dog sound so can only guess. It may be that you need to have the doorbell set up in Arlo Smart to detect humans for this to happen.

imyb
Tutor
Tutor

My door bell is already set to detect humans, cars and packages, I still don't see this option anywhere, am I missing something?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@imyb wrote:

My door bell is already set to detect humans, cars and packages, I still don't see this option anywhere, am I missing something?

Do you have the Arlo Chime 2?

imyb
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I have the Arlo Chime 2

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation