Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Access user invite not providing access

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jack00
Follower
Follower

I followed the steps to send an invite for access to my doorbell camera.  When the user is asked to scan the QR code after ringing the doorbell, I cannot get the acceptance tone that says it is connected. I followed the trouble shooting.  Still does not work

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jack00,

You will not need to go through setup again if the instructions are correctly followed for granting access. Make sure you're following the instructions as they are listed here: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

KGarguilo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an android phone and have the doorbell camera on my phone and figured out all the settings to make it the way I want it to perform Everything works. Now, I try to add a user (wife) Apple IOS phone. Sent her an invite, she clicked the link filled it out and set up an account. On my phone it still says she is pending. Go to set up a camera on here phone and no luck. Why does that camera not just appear since I added he to my list with every permission? As one other guy said, longer to do this than install the camera. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KGarguilo wrote:

Go to set up a camera on her phone and no luck.

That will not work - the camera is in your account.

Have her use a PC (or Mac) - clicking on "create account" in the invite email there.  That should open the browser to my.arlo.com.  She should be able to just log in there (no need to create a new account). Then the invite should show up as accepted on your phone, and she should see the shared camera(s) in hers

KGarguilo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, that worked, now will her phone ring as well. It does not. Even if mine is one silent hers does not ring. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation