Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

AVD4001-100NAS. Can one Arlo video doorbell give the same treatment on two cell phones

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo 2nd Generation Wired/Wireless Wi-Fi Compatible Smart Video Doorbell (AVD4001-100NAS).

Can one Arlo video doorbell provide the same treatment on two cell phones.

My wife and I have separate Arlo app accounts.

My wife and I want both of our phones to ring when someone presses the Arlo video doorbell.  (I assume that the first person to answer “wins”, and is the only person able to speak to the person at the doorbell.)

We want both cell phones to be able to view what is on the doorbell camera, whether at the same time or not.

How can we do this?

(It appears that when I went through the setup steps on the second cell phone for the second app account, then the video camera was deleted from the first cell phone’s app account.)

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@zamp wrote:

(It appears that when I went through the setup steps on the second cell phone for the second app account, then the video camera was deleted from the first cell phone’s app account.)

Don't do that.  Cameras can only be in one account. Hopefully you didn't lose the trial subscription.

You set up a friend account for one of the phones, and then share the doorbell (and any other Arlo cameras) with the friend account.  Instructions are here:

I recommend accepting the invitation on a PC - don't do it on the phone.

zamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I really appreciate the reply to my issue.

But I have not been able to get to trying the solution.

I will let you know when I try the solution.

Thank you

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation