Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD2001 Wire-free doorbell unable to connect

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MCresmen
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased this doorbell in February. It connected right away and worked well until early March. It kept losing connection to WiFi. I used customer support and troubleshooted for days. Did everything from resetting, removing device, reinstalling, reinstalling the app, modifications to my router settings. It still wouldn't connect. They finally sent a replacement. I set up the new one and it connected right away to my 2.4 ghz nwtwork. It didn't even last 24 hr before losing connection again. I have gotten it to reconnect a few times but it only.lasts a few hours before the connection is lost again. I even upgraded my base station because my app said I could connect it to a smart hub/base. So I.purchased the one it said it was compatible with only to find out from tech support that the wire free doorbell is not compatible with any base station. I am frustrated as I have spent well over $200 and it still does not work. I have even tried changing the wireless channel for my network... and still nothing! This thing ia garbage!
2 REPLIES 2
intalex
Tutor
Tutor
Yup I had the exact same problem along with terrible battery life. A word of advice - save yourself from wasting more time trying to troubleshoot and just return the product. I've since replaced it with the Eufy equivalent and it's a completely different experience - everything just works. It records in 2k quality, battery life is great and best of all, you don't need a subscription because it all saves locally to the hub that comes with the doorbellz which also acts as a chime. Just a much better product all round.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would start by bringing the doorbell closer to the router for testing. ANything that interferes with the signal can cause this - weak signal (house construction can play a major role in this, especially with stucco) and/or other 2.4GHz wireless interference.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation