Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Rickh25345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Config:

VMS5240 Smarthub & 2 x Ultra2 cameras, latest firmware

AVD2001B Essential Video Doorbell Wire Free, latest firmware

Connecting 2x iPhones - iPhone 8+ and iPhone 6 - latest IOS 14... and latest version of Arlo app. iPhones have identical setup in terms of location services and Arlo app config

Setup ok, all working except........ geofencing for the iPhone 6... on the doorbell 😕

Geofencing at Home on the Smarthub working for both iPhone 6 & iPhone 8+ as advertised - no problems - indicates In Zone & Out of Zone modes .

Geofencing at Home on the doorbell shows:

iPhone 8+  = In Zone & Out of Zone ok  - all good

iPhone 6 = Unavailable

I have hard reset the iPhone 6, factory reset the doorbell and reconnected it to the app.  No change. 

I have tried connecting the iPhone 6 Only - no change, remains Unavailable.

I have added a 3rd device - iPad Pro - no problem, immediately shows  Zone status - geofencing all ok...

Summary - it appears the doorbell will not play nice with the iPhone 6 - only. To reiterate this device has latest ios, latest Arlo app, location settings are  as per Arlo doco and (and identical to the working iPhone  8+).

Any assist appreciated, this is maddening. Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickh25345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Opened a Support case for this issue, and used one of the most basic of computer skills to include the URL for this forum entry - cut'n paste.. and tested the link was valid  by pasting it into my browser - it  worked fine. I received an acknowledgement of the case and number with a request for some more info (e.g.  serial number etc - fair enough ) ........ but  which included this gem from a "Support Expert":

The Ticket You Have Submitted Did Not Contain Clear Information About The Problem. We Cannot Open The Link That You Send."

I won't name the "Support Expert" but if the inability to use cut'n paste is indicative of Expert support .... 🤔 Perhaps I should just turn it off and on again before I'm asked to😂

But seriously?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rickh25345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Opened a Support case for this issue, and used one of the most basic of computer skills to include the URL for this forum entry - cut'n paste.. and tested the link was valid  by pasting it into my browser - it  worked fine. I received an acknowledgement of the case and number with a request for some more info (e.g.  serial number etc - fair enough ) ........ but  which included this gem from a "Support Expert":

The Ticket You Have Submitted Did Not Contain Clear Information About The Problem. We Cannot Open The Link That You Send."

I won't name the "Support Expert" but if the inability to use cut'n paste is indicative of Expert support .... 🤔 Perhaps I should just turn it off and on again before I'm asked to😂

But seriously?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation