Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

AVD-2001 can you pair more than 1 phone?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MikeBir
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed the wire less door bell and it was a difficult task as my router is both 2.4 and 5 ghz so had to make sure both are phones and door bell were on 2.4 settings.  My question is after setting up and pairing my phone I allowed my wife access through the app as a friend and granted full access to the doorbell.  but she doesn't get notified if someone pushes the door bell button. Do I have to pair her phone to the door bell as well?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MikeBir,

If you've shared the doorbell with her and she has her own account through the Grant Access feature, she should receive notificaitons.

To receive notifications, the app must be signed in and active on her mobile device. Also check her mobile device settings to make sure notification permissions are enabled for the Arlo mobile app.

JamesC

MikeBir
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes JamesC she does get notifications but when doorbell is pushed only my phone rings.  I would like hers to be the one that rings.  So I guess I am going to have to uninstall the doorbell and pair her phone and give mine friend access.  Thanks for the information. It would be a nice feature to have to have the ability to pair several phones to the doorbell!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MikeBir wrote:

I would like hers to be the one that rings.  So I guess I am going to have to uninstall the doorbell and pair her phone and give mine friend access.  

Or just have her use your account (and vice versa).  You will need to reset the trusted devices though.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation