Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ADV2001 Wireless doorbell cannot find internet

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Philpug
Aspirant
Aspirant

We had the wired doorbell (ADV1001) for a year but it stopped connecting to the base station. We thought it might be an issue with the doorbell so we ordered the 2001 and would not connect either. All of our cameras work but doorbell does not. We can get the to the QR codes but not past that. 

The step in set up says to connect to wifi and do a firmware update in order to connect to base station. 

I scan the QR code on my mobile device to the camera on the doorbell, hear the chime but after several minutes of trying to connect to wifi, it says failed to connect. 

When troubleshooting it says to check to see that I'm connected to a 2.4 GHz network, but I see no where in my phone or internet settings where I can confirm that. 

Frustrated and looking for some troubleshooting that I can follow. 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Philpug wrote:

When troubleshooting it says to check to see that I'm connected to a 2.4 GHz network, but I see no where in my phone or internet settings where I can confirm that. 

Look in your router's wifi settings - often (not always) there is a way to disable 5 ghz.  You can re-enable it after onboarding.

Philpug
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why would it stop working and why would our 4 cameras still be working w/o issue? 

Philpug
Aspirant
Aspirant

I diabled 5 GHz and attempted to connect twice more. Still will not connect. 

I've double checked that we're on the same wifi connection, same router, same location disabled 5 GHz. 

Interestingly enough, I was thoroughly pleased with this doorbell camera for over a year before it quit working. 

I've walked through every single trouble shooting option and even went to the trouble of purchasing a new doorbell camera. Neither of them will connect. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The need to update firmware first is because the ability to pair the AVD2001 to the base station is fairly new (added last December).

It's possible that your AVD2001 might already have the needed firmware - so one thing you could try is adding the doorbell directly to the base, and skipping the first step.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation