Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

33% increase!!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mvisman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am a "limited" user with just 1 doorbell from Arlo.
Now Arlo has changed my "Secure Experience" and starts charging me a 33% increase.
I know I don't pay a lot, but changing the charge from 3 to 4 Euro's per month for non-requested services is quite a lot

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mvisman wrote:

Now Arlo has changed my "Secure Experience" and starts charging me a 33% increase.

You can switch to a yearly payment, and get the same price you had before.

@mvisman wrote:

I know I don't pay a lot, but changing the charge from 3 to 4 Euro's per month for non-requested services is quite a lot

Don't know what you mean by this, as you aren't getting new services.  All that happened is that the price increased.  Which happens for everything from time to to time.

mvisman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,
I received the following email (apologies for that it's in Dutch) from Arlo:

"Bij Arlo beseffen we dat huisbeveiliging iets persoonlijks is. Elk huis heeft andere behoeften en elk gezin heeft unieke zorgen. Daarom hebben we geïnvesteerd in de volgende generatie Arlo Secure-ervaring waarmee u de bescherming kunt personaliseren die u wilt, wanneer u dat wilt - allemaal vanuit de palm van uw hand. Deze aanpassing waardoor onze diensten verbeteren, zorgt ervoor dat de prijs die u betaalt voor uw maandelijkse Arlo Secure-plan zal stijgen. U zult de komende 30 dagen toegang blijven krijgen tot Arlo Secure tegen uw huidige prijs, waarna de verhogingen zullen plaatsvinden. Om te zien waar uw specifieke Arlo Secure-abonnement naar zal verhogen klikt u hier.

This states that the increase is caused by the investment of Arlo in the next generation to improve their services.
If you then look at the increase rates you'll see that both the multicamera as well as the single camera rates all have changed by 1 Euro.  Which in fact means that the one with 1 camera is raised by 33% and the multicamera solution by less than 10%.  I hope this clarifies it.

mvisman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh and by the way it also has the following footnote:
"Om het gemakkelijker te maken om je Arlo Secure-abonnement te beheren, introduceren we opties voor jaarlijkse betalingen, waarmee je 17% bespaart ten opzichte van de maandelijkse betalingsopties."

Stating that moving to a yearly payment saves you 17% (e.g. not the full amount of increase).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mvisman wrote:

Stating that moving to a yearly payment saves you 17% (e.g. not the full amount of increase).

Odd, since yearly payments don't seem to be offered in Europe.

In the US, it matches the old payment total for the monthly payments for the multicamera subscriptions, but there is an increase in the single camera cost.  The amount is relatively small (though the percentage is of course higher).

While I get why they put the investment justification in the email, at the end of the day this is just a price increase.  The email doesn't really promise any new services.

mvisman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apparently they do offer yearly payments in the Netherlands. You can read it over here:
https://www.arlo.com/nl_nl/arlo-secure-price-increases?utm_source=arloemail&utm_medium=email&utm_cam... 

Anyway let's close the discussion.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation