Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2nd doorbell won't connect to wifi

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KenMcGrew
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler
bought 2 Essential wireless doorbells from Amazon. First one I set up connected to wifi without an issue. 2nd one will not connect. I follow the steps where I scan the QR code and I do get the tone and press continue. the doorbell flashes white for 17 seconds and then changes to red for a few seconds and then just turns off. I have tried a half dozen times, but no joy. I tried chatting with support and got a message that I was connected, but no one ever responded to my texts.
7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @KenMcGrew

Are you still experiencing this issue with installing your doorbell camera? 

KenMcGrew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I had opened a ticket with support as well as this community and haven't heard anything back yet. The issue I am experiencing with my 2nd doorbell is not in the docs I have seen.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried factory resetting the doorbell then try to pair again? 

KenMcGrew
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did a factory reset last night. Made no difference. After scanning the QR code and hitting Continue, it flashes white for 17 seconds, then changes to flashing red for a few seconds and then turns off, just like before the reset.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I sounds like this camera my be faulty, were these purchased refurbished or used by chance?

KenMcGrew
Aspirant
Aspirant

They were both purchase new thru Amazon ordered September 11 and delivered September 14. Who should I go thru if it is defective? I've thrown all the packaging away.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@KenMcGrew

Amazon would be the fastest especially with their return policy. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation